In the pain post, we discovered that pain is a highly unpleasant physical sensation which we also equated to a spiritual sensation based on the fact that we are spirit beings.
Inorder to work the pain and safely dispose of it, one needs to allow God create in them a clean heart! He desires truth in the inward parts (Psalm 51:6) and it is your duty to search for truth and get wisdom. God seeks to deposit wisdom in the hidden parts but if he finds pain/lies there, he cannot do anything for you. and it becomes impossible for you to continue to worship him. The choice to freedom is yours today. Choose life, choose truth, let go the God-given way and live a fruitful life. Then and only then can you see the beauty of having God in your space.
We basically experience pain as a result of acts of violations against us physically or emotionally by other people especially those we trust. Now there are 2 kinds of pain, one based on obedience and one based on disobedience to the Word of God.
1. PAIN OF OBEDIENCE
This is the unpleasant feeling experienced after receiving a word that makes us uncomfortable. In a way it ‘violates’ us as it rocks our boat and threatens our peace and comfort. This is a word that challenges your belief system, opposes who you are or who you want to be and is not going to give you rest. Most times it is the challenge and instruction to forgive and let go or sacrifice something. Other times it is a case of reproval or rebuke. Sometimes too it is simply chastisement. God is the ultimate authority above all creation and there is nowhere to run to so this word causes unrest. However not everyone can yield to the unpleasantness of a WORD. For those whose conscience has been seared and is dead, it is impossible to give in. However the sensitive ones, the true children of the Most High God will eventually give in. Unfortunately failure to surrender activates the wrath of God and infact ends up birthing the pain of disobedience as things fall out of place.
The pain of obedience only subsides when one surrenders to the will of God. This pain carries rewards on surrender basically because it is instructed by love and born of love. It pushes an agenda to put others first, to surrender all to God, to be compassionate towards others and how they feel concerning that area of obedience. The pain of obedience rejects self and comes against everything ‘me, myself and I.’ Its a call to kill the flesh and deny self by all means.
So it is called the PAIN OF OBEDIENCE because it is birthed out of a hunger to please God and has to wrestle with the flesh to do that. It is born of selflessness and always bears fruit when the flesh is commanded to order.
The rewards of Pain of Obedience are:
1. You receive double for your trouble Isaiah 61:7-8; Zachariah 9:12
2. Peace that surpasses all understanding Phillipans 4:7
2. God fights for you and restores Romans 12:19; Deuteronomy 30
3. The spirit man is awakened to a higher level each time you obey
4. God deposits more wisdom as you give place to truth Psalm 51:6
5. Faith is boosted: Because of selflessness, one seeks God intently (Joshua 1:8 )and by hearing the word more and more, Faith to overcome is boosted (Romans 10:17)
2. PAIN OF DISOBEDIENCE
This pain is basically the reason people need deliverance. It is pain birthed by unpleasant experiences that implant lies into our innerbeing. It is not necessarily a fact of being lied to in the physical but the fact that what has caused the pain changes our perception of life and God to a level where the WORD is mocked or is rendered powerless and untrue in our innerbeing. This also results in unbelief thus whether consciously or unconsciously we have believed a lie! This pain is a demonic stronghold and is very cunning and deceptive to the point that one can think they have dealt with it when they have not! Like a snake, it can lie idle and act like its not there when its just waiting to attack and spike its poison on the next person. Anything born of lies shuts down the heavens and creates death cycles in everything the host seeks to do.
So it is called the PAIN OF DISOBEDIENCE because it is birthed out of an inability to obey God, comply with his word and yield to his instruction. This pain is rooted in selfishness and is highly self-centred and incapable of considering other peoples feelings. The act of disobedience actually hurts others connected to the individual and there is no motion to be considerate even if it is to siblings or children.
HOW TO RECOGNIZE THIS PAIN
1. It compromises the word: Very capable of misleading one using the word. In examination, the particular interpretation can be seen to contradict other portions of the WORD.
2. Lives in the past: It thrives on regret of past decision/actions, always looking at life from ‘where i could be’ instead of ‘where i want to be’. In this way people or events that derailed are never forgiven or forgotten even though the person may claim to have forgiven.
3. False hope: Creates a dream/fantasy that can never be attained outside of obedience to the WORD and the result is a lot of frustration with ‘almost’ breakthroughs. No obedience, no fruit…just counterfeits to keep you going!
4. Negative emotions: This pain houses a lot of negative emotions. The pain is associated with anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, rebellion, idolatry and pride etc. Unfortunately the host never really knows, only others can see these manifest. Most times too, the host cannot be told anything- ‘they know it all’ and are not very open to criticism or judgement
5. Lack of peace or fruitfulness: Because this pain is driven by negative emotions, there is restlessness and confusion, death cycles and lack
I encourage you brothers and sisters if you have been betrayed, violated, cheated, lied to or let down in any way and are struggling with the pain of disobedience…surrender it to God according to his instruction.
The action plan to deal with pain is what i have called the Pain, Anger points, Disappointments and Regrets Analysis (PADRA). When conducting this analysis, you will note that you had infact harboured the Spirit of Rejection as you rate the PADRAs against the word of God. Basically one is required to take an audit of their negative emotions and feelings by drawing up a two column table. State the negative feelings and emotions associated with each PADRA on one column and write a corresponding scripture attached to it on the other column i.e what the bible says about the it. THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE (John.8:32).
STEPS TO OBEDIENCE
1. JUST DO IT:
Accept the WORD of God as final truth and authority on the matter, even when the situation proves otherwise. The more you hold on to the truth, the more the truth becomes! Obey and yield to his word. It starts with the willingness to honour God
2.FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION
Activate the instruction whether it be to love your enemy, forgive those who trespass against you, give and it shall be given etc and give God his place of vengeance
3. GIVE GOD HIS PLACE
GOD says wrath belongs to him and he will restore, let him be. You dont remove the pain, HE does! When you surrender, leave the wound, stop pocking it. Its nolonger yours. God can then partners with his word in you to bring healing. It is not a one day thing! You can forgive today and still feel the pain, dont let the devil lie to you that you have not forgiven.
4. REPLACE THE LIE OF PAIN WITH THE TRUTH OF HEALING
Stay oncourse, stay focussed and begin to learn the art of love through searching the scriptures and you will eventually come to a place of innerhealing. The more the word, the more the faith, the more the power, the more the innerhealing and deliverance.
It is well oh!
Trusting you have been blessed!
falling is not the problem, failing to riseUP is!
1 thought on “CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART PART 3: Working the Pain”
Pingback: Create in me a clean heart part 2: Pain is a lie – riseupconqueror.com