I trust this post finds you well. In Part 1 of the journey to making fruitful declarations we covered a brief history of this facet across religion and culture and found self-righteousness to be the major hindrance to a meaningful life of calling things that are not into being.
Today we look at some guidelines to achieving results for the words we speak. It is a fact that words are powerful but have you ever wondered why your negative words seem to prosper more than your positive ones in achieving anything you want? The simple answer is that evil is very good at capitalising on any of its own words and God being sovereign will not move on words of a double standard origin. This weakness is best potrayed in the text of scripture below;
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
(James 1:6-8 KJV)
It is thefore important to make sure that one is united in themselves- body, soul and spirit to achieve what they declare. If the spirit is pushing for it (as it naturally knows what it deserves) and the soul is denying it by the action of the body or the pressure thereof, then we have a major problem. The body whose senses are decoding messages from the environment must be brought to subjection first and align with what the spirit sees so that the soul can think it, imagine it, perceive it and then declare it to manifestation in unity with God, the doer himself. If the body is sending negative messages, the soul will make negative decisions even when the spirit wants positive things. The spirit belongs to God and is loaded with good but cannot impose that goodness on a soul being housed in a nody that is subjected to much rejection and negativity. This is how one can speak positive from the spirit (the good it wants) while the soul is full of negative because of the bodily experiences thus far. This conflict will only be disastrous until the spirit is given his place. This is typical of confused people- people who are not sure where they stand because they want a bit of both worlds. As seen in James 1:6 above, these kind of people will never achieve anything. In the things of God you are either with God or not. Any business conducted on the centre or the fence is considered ungodly and evil business anyway. A total waste of kingsom time! People set aside for spitting according to Revelations because they are lukewarm and not hot!
To get into the zone where there is unity between body, soul and spirit one must lose some rights in the earth realm in order to assume them in the spirit realm. This is infact choosing the spirit over the body, life over death. In the book of Matthew 10:39, Jesus teaches that, “He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.” Therefore the only way to actually ever gaining something is by losing it first. All of this is spiritually done in the innerman. However, sometimes we are actually stripped down to zero in real life before we begin to rise up as often experience is the best teacher! Unfortunately some people even when they are on zero, refuse to accept it (an act of pride) and this hinders the process of rising up as they look for all kinds of scapegoats for their troubles. Some even mistake pride for refusing to give up. There is a difference between giving up and and surrendering to a higher power.
If you can lose everything, then you are ready to make considerable gains in this lifetime. You empty yourself and make way foe the Holy Spirit of God to fill you. The Holy spirit has 7 expressions which can be seen in Isaiah 11:1-3
Fear of God
These are not in any particular order but i have discovered that if we can lose the following rights in the earth realm, we can prepare our minds to receive the Holy Spirit in the manifestations above and then be able to agree with him in the things we declare which he will by his own power bring to pass.
LOSE YOUR RIGHTS
1. Lose your right to POWER and being in control- All power belongs to God. Lose your guard, be vulnerable, submit and never ask ‘why me?’ He is the potter and you are the clay. Where ever you are, he is there and if you know he is God, then you behave in his presence by being humble. No pride! This is war and in the presence of our superior commander, we behave! To lose the right to power is to gain the presence of the Holy Ghost.
2. Lose your right to BE RIGHT – He justifies you. Once you find yourself under pressure to have a say or explain yourself to others, you have already lost to them. Just surrender and leave it to God. It takes humility to reduce yourself to nothing, to a point where you do not have the say that you think you are entitled to. There is always an itching need to be heard, to justify self or to prove that one knows better or is right. Sunmitting to God makes all this unnecrssary as one is assired in Gods suoreme jutification and ability to act at his appointed time. To lose the right to be right is infact to receive the Holy Spirit of Counsel.
3. Lose your right to COVER– Come clean with God for he sees all and knows all, be naked and unashamed before him who died for your sins. Be truthful and accept that you are not perfect. This is where you stop looking at why other people are or seem to be getting away with all kinds of sin or wrong doing and mind your own repentance & spiritual biz. To lose the right to cover is to gain the Holy Spirit of Understanding and to be free from the pressure of keeping up appearences or menpleasing.
4. Lose your right to ‘I KNOW lT ALL’- be foolish as is alluded to in 1 Corinthians 1. As humans we are limited and clueless when in the presence of the infinite and undescribable God. He is the all in all and you can never know it all because his ways are past finding out (unsearchable). He is always there and everywhere so that makes you nothing in his presence. To lose the right to know it all is to make way for the Holy Spirit of The Fear of the Lord which is infact according to scripture, the beginning of all wisdom.5. Lose your right to REVENGE -lose the right to self protection. God fights for you. Vengeance is mine says the Lord. Thus, theres no point to stay angry if the anger won’t do anything for you…To lose the right to revenge is to receive the Spirit of Strength. There is more power in maling way for God to avenge than in seeking vengeance in our limitted human mind and body. The God to whom everything belongs will most certainly know where to hit to get the vengeance that is needful.
6. Lose your right to RELEVANCE
– you are nothing without God, define yourself only in God and be fully armoured in him. In him you have relevance. In the world you don’t. To lose the right to relevance is to gain the Holy Spirit of Knowledge. When you know God, you stop worrying about being seen or known because it is God who has to be seen. An inferiority complex festers where there is no knowledge of God because then one is consumed with fame or putting themselves out there and making a name for themselves in vanity.
7. Lose your right to ENTITLEMENT
Physical or spiritual blessings and hearts desires are from God who created everything and owns everything. It is he who blesses as he wants and according to his purpose. To lose the right to entitlement makes way for one to receive the gift of the Spirit of Wisdom. In Proverbs 8:18-19, Wisdom declares;
Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
Now that we have made way for the Holy Spirit by losing our rights to anything, self or world proclaimed rights alike, we can now move on to be God-like and have the Holy Ghost manifestations of his Lordship, counsel, understanding, knowledge, fear of the Lord, might and wisdom. This is because our hearts become conditioned to walk in the purity and power of love which conquers all things. As he is, so are we (1 John 4:17)
Join me in Part 3 as we conclude this series by getting into the action of making positive declarations
Remember falling is not the problem, failing ro rise up is!!!!
1 thought on “The art of Declarations Part 2: Losing to Gain”
Pingback: The art of Declarations Part 1: Background to Positive Declaration | riseupconqueror.com