To err is human, to forgive is divine…PAIN is the evil that makes it difficult to forgive. When you look at the concept of forgiving from the lens of your negative emotions, you may never ever forgive. The art of forgiving is a mindset that takes forgiveness not as an event but as a healing process. Pain does not go instantly when you decide to forgive. For this reason the evidence of pain makes it difficult for one to forgive because there is no justification that they will feel better worsestill because in most cases one will have forgiven in the past and suffered from the stubborn pain continually. This pain makes it impossible to move on making forgiveness null and void.
POINTS TO CONSIDER:
1. Recognise that you don’t remove pain
2. Understand that you will never forget even though that is in the tagline…forgive and forget
3. Committ to taking positive steps to displace the pain for your sake
4. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO WORK ON THE PAIN AND WALK THROUGH IT.
5. Life goes on and life has so much more positive things to offer after being hurt, only if we let go
Now, forgiving doesn’t make right what is wrong but conditions your heart to heal. You cannever forget, but choosing to let go means going forward you choose not to ponder on it ever as a place of pain. That is what FORGET means. You make a decision that yes, IT HURT, but it ceases to detect my mood everytime i am reminded of it. You command it to order, you take control of your emotions so that they are nolonger held captive by one ugly event in the past. The future holds better possibilities, sometimes even connected to those we don’t want to forgive so we continue to hinder ourselves by holding on to pain. FORGIVE AND ‘ FORGET’ take no regard, yes it is possible…
falling is not the problem, failing to riseUP is